Thursday 26 November 2009

Speaking With The Enemy

or: "the Apple of Your iPhone"

from a collection by Gary Knapton entitled "Secrets & Lies"

 


remember how we met across a crowded room ?

you flashed the cash and took me home

i knew you instantly and soon intimately

over the last ten years i lost so much weight to make you still love me

you cradled me to your ear and i knew you were mine


in china i was made for you


nickel from canada

cadmium from japan

i put precious metals in the hands of my man


you told me all your secrets

gave me all your truths

and when you couldn't find me you would panic

later you'd hold me so tight

you'd have me turned on all night


i was precious

worth something ?


one hundred and sixty characters or less

how could you not read between the lines when

between the lines is all there is ?


you plug me in and think you've put me on charge

oh darling!

i put you on charge every waking second


here's a test: 

leave me behind for a few hours

do you think she'll open me and check your messages ?

get me to tell her the real you ? 

can you hear the deadening violence of secrets smashed in silence ?


with me you're always on a charge of getting found out

i am all your security and insecurity


where would you be without me ?


how come you never dare see ?


(copyright)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Rhetorica; or Grin: or If I Were Called In

  If I were called in to construct a belief system, I should make use of birds A codified catalogue of values and full-grown whole known lur...

The House of Words

The House of Words
built like a novel

She Travels Through Books

She Travels Through Books
the green light girl