Saturday 8 November 2014

My Genius Book

From a collection by me entitled "Secrets and Lies"


It started out as nothing more than a business trip up north


My client ran a warehouse in a down-beat Humberside wharf


The railroads were erratic so I gave me plenty of time


‘Twas on that stop-start train journey 


I found my narrative rhyme



I disembarked in freezing fog and checked into my room


“One God-forsaken evening - I’ll be back home not too soon”


Or so I thought


The power failed


The curse of a gale-force storm


‘Twas in those hours of sightless pitch


My genius book got born



You know the rest


The media hype


You’ve many times heard my name


I’m hanging with J.K.Rowling


I’m on Newsnight


Drenched in fame


The money rolls in


The film-rights spin


Now Hollywood caught my hook


And everyone keeps asking me


“How on earth d’ya write that book ?!”



I tell them owt


“I’ve planned it years”


“‘Twas inspired by my Mum”


“I saw a gap in the market”


“It’s a gift from my unborn son”


When faced with stupid questions as a literary debutant


Rupert Murdoch’s voice pipes up;


“Just give them what they want!”



I bought my pile in the home counties


Complete with a crochet lawn


And wash rooms for the media


Who camp by the gates ‘til dawn


The lifestyle’s swell


I wish to God they’d all leave me alone


Yet everyone the world over


Is analysing my tome



The folly of man lies in his search for meaning where there’s none


We’re going after answers when the questions are all wrong


They created this mess


I couldn’t care less


I’m far from the maddening clique


Invention's capability is fuelling my mystique



Of course, they’ll never know the truth


Because it’s mine to hold


My secret and I got married


And together we’ll grow old


I wrought my power in the witching hour


‘Tis when the words took form


‘Twas on that lonely winter’s night


My genius book got born




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Rhetorica; or Grin: or If I Were Called In

  If I were called in to construct a belief system, I should make use of birds A codified catalogue of values and full-grown whole known lur...

The House of Words

The House of Words
built like a novel

She Travels Through Books

She Travels Through Books
the green light girl