Thursday 5 July 2012

Stone Wall

(An epitaph to the Stone Wall Riots. 28/06/1969)

From "Another Man's Shoes"


Ever get the feeling that you're not welcome here ?

Ever get the feeling you're alone ?

Too many people judging and condemning me

When is it time to go home ?


Your solid sense of worth and value

And putting all your skills to good use

Some of us grew up in a world away from that

Some of us could never hang loose 


Pride and power

Now nothing's stopping us

How does that make it alright ?

Am I to forget what you said and thought of me

When I was black, now I'm white ?


Let's kick the ball on a level playing field

Discrimination ceased

Everybody wonders where we get the energy

Y'ever see a bird, released ?


Never get fooled by my new found happiness

You're not why I walk tall

My glass house was smashed remorselessly

How do you like my stone wall ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Rhetorica; or Grin: or If I Were Called In

  If I were called in to construct a belief system, I should make use of birds A codified catalogue of values and full-grown whole known lur...

The House of Words

The House of Words
built like a novel

She Travels Through Books

She Travels Through Books
the green light girl