Thursday 9 April 2015

The Birth of Invention

or “I Have An Idea”, from a collection called Semantic Dissonance; or "The Echelon Rink", by me.


Out of nothing

Pure as a giddy thing

Innocent bullet from a gun

Over the moon at my old idiom 

Join me on the midnight run


I have an idea

There’s everything to fear

It might be a really bad shout

It might be the worst world ever constructed

All may never work out


It don’t really matter if the art I splatter

Never got easy on the eye

I matter higher

And my heart’s on fire

Like I’m newly afraid to die


I have an idea

It’s gotten real near

It’s taking my breathe so I choke

It’s banging on the stair like the ghost of Marley

Hanging in the air like smoke


It’s the sum totality 

Of my personality

Worn on my sleeve like love

Hell-fire bent on

Narrative momentum

Passing through my body from above


Word midwifery

Skimming the periphery

Pinning where the mother-dream lies

Brimming with the flakes of my conception

Swimming in my blue-lake eyes


Artist venom is

Rounding on your enemies

Everything I feel goes down

Onto this page

All manifest rage

All the times they've stolen my crown


That which is dear to me

All who are near to me

Printed forever in reams 

Everything renewable

That I thought do-able

Pulling from sleep like dreams


Non-complicity

Is my electricity

No permission required

Your dull brain got over-time

When your synapses got fired


I have an idea

My car

I steer

What journeys might I contrive ?

I’ll take her through the gears

And all my peers

Can tell me how they think I drive


Everything poetic is charged

Magnetic

And the words fly together like geese

Gaggling clever one cold October

Airborne into one piece


Show me a better cause

Judge me in metaphors

Did I make a clenched ham-fist ?

Darting like a school in the deep Atlantic ?

Sinking like a morning mist ?


I have an idea

Right now

Right here

I'm taking all your poems uptown

Never get stuck trying think something up

Just scribble and get something down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Rhetorica; or Grin: or If I Were Called In

  If I were called in to construct a belief system, I should make use of birds A codified catalogue of values and full-grown whole known lur...

The House of Words

The House of Words
built like a novel

She Travels Through Books

She Travels Through Books
the green light girl