Monday 11 March 2013

Hold The Front Page

or, "a legacy of love gone wrong"

a poem by gary knapton from a collection entitled Cry Me A River


..........

Demons dance in dreams that riddle me

Plausible sleep has gone amiss

Respite ? 


Hardly 

Daylight is an enemy

Waking up on mornings like this


Cold is my new life

Spent is my energy

How can I feel so blue ?

Friends console, saying it will get better

But the better me was built around you


Harpies snigger like the Devil’s own cacophony

Robbing me of all God’s peace

Hold the front page: I just met my assassin

And his barrel-spun bullets don’t cease


Once, not long ago, everything was beautiful

I’d never been so happy and true

Wake up Gary! Your delusion is paramount

Everybody’s laughing at you


Hear them cry in a tuneless mockery

An echo of a dream shot long

The rust belt miles of emotional Apocalypse


My legacy of love gone wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Rhetorica; or Grin: or If I Were Called In

  If I were called in to construct a belief system, I should make use of birds A codified catalogue of values and full-grown whole known lur...

The House of Words

The House of Words
built like a novel

She Travels Through Books

She Travels Through Books
the green light girl