Saturday 5 May 2012

An Articulation of Friday

from a collection I wrote called "Spit Mancunia"

Wandering aimlessly is my first sign of summer

Heat-flecked coffee house tables across a half dozen urban village enclaves of city centre quarters

Bohemia threading the shadow of retail malls

Adjacent detached

Newly hatched like last year never existed

A persistent sense of novelty despite fresh memories of the last lap

Happy illusion

Trapping an inkling of total inclusion

So I am at one with the place

In time with the race of it's myriad concerns

My need for fresh anticipation churns my belief

That being here is a seat worth having

And I feel unwashed relief that simply by existing I am kissing the heartstone

And just missing out on ever feeling alone or worse

The over-arching throb of facile boredom that is often known

For robbing friends and friends of theirs and others of a purpose for throwing off the covers and running headlong into the curtain-breached daylight to greet what awaits

The unknown known at the gates

And the realisation of the trick comes later

As is such with the un-hard lessons of age 

Un-hard since they are forced and consequently come easy

Mandatory lessons are breezy since we don't have to try, think or know why

And the sense that this right now

Right this second right now

Is all that we feared it would be not

We hit perfection

The rub of the hub of the sweetest aspect of the centre of the very best part of the sweet sweet-spot

Which, looking back, was always a time when things were real good yet it was that coupled with a lucid nerving pulse of pure anticipation that so much more good was coming

It wasn't

But the pipeline delusion worked

The sweet spot was real.

Due to the aforementioned combination the prize took form and lurked

Long enough to suffer my exposure

Branding on me the lesson that heaven is a place where composure is so low on the list it barely pretends to exist

Since in that realm the essence is feeling

Not looking or doing

Just feeling

In that state just being is so hectic

That the internal state is the metric

Then ...

Time elapsed and we turned off at the junction

Where life took on a more normal form and function

Yet we were there

I was there

And that journey forever permeates my soul

Informing the ageing man

Such that the ride, in the wider sense, is never over

Perpetual four leafed clover


I wouldn't go back if I could

Today is the town and my hut here is fine

Built from yesterday's sticky slung mud

The hearth is where the mud hut heart is 

The doormat threshold braced for all tomorrow's parties

 ...........

 gk 05:05:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Rhetorica; or Grin: or If I Were Called In

  If I were called in to construct a belief system, I should make use of birds A codified catalogue of values and full-grown whole known lur...

The House of Words

The House of Words
built like a novel

She Travels Through Books

She Travels Through Books
the green light girl